Like to Experience the Best of American Roots Music?
Want to go on an Escorted, Personalised Tour of the most influential music cities in the United States – Memphis, Nashville, Clarksdale and Austin?
Then join me as Your Escort on the inaugural ROOTS’n’ALL Music Tour in 2017!
My colleague Greg Clayton and I are designing a tour for September 2017 which will encompass all of the above AND MORE!
The key components of the 2017 ROOTS’n’ALL Tour will include:
- Four-days attending the Americana Music Festival and Conference in Nashville, Tennessee
- An overnight stop in Clarksdale Mississippi with a ‘Surprise’ gig!
- Exploring the music heritage of Memphis, Tennessee – Graceland, Beale St, Sun Studio and Stax Soul Museum
- Attending one of the best kept secret festivals – Roots ‘n’ Blues ‘n’ BBQ in Columbia, Missouri, with VIP tickets
- An overnight in St Louis, Missouri with Dinner at Chuck Berry’s Blueberry Hill Cafe
- An amazing Swing Across Texas Special Tour add-on – Austin, San Antonio, Fort Worth and Fredericksburg, with a special drop-in visit to Luckenbach, Texas!
If you choose to add-on the Swing Across Texas option (and you all should) then another eight days or so will be added on to the tour.
Everything roots! – Americana, blues, rock, folk, alt. country, soul, country and maybe even a little bluegrass.
Expected Modes of Travel:
On the Road: Driver/Escorted 12 Seater Mini vans where required. Eg: Nashville – Clarksdale – Memphis.
12 Seater Mini Van : St Louis – Columbia – St Louis.
Fly to Austin. 12 Seater Mini Van throughout Swing Across Texas leg.
Who will you see perform?
You will see many of the finest roots musicians in amazing settings and in some of the most iconic venues in the USA. As well as festival experiences, you will also get to experience small and intimate gigs, specifically arranged for you.
Well that’s to be announced down the track, but as a guide here are some of the artists that I saw at previous festivals:
Americana Music Festival and Conference 2014:
Ry Cooder, Loretta Lynn, Jackson Browne, Robert Plant, Emmylou Harris, Jason Isbell, Rodney Crowell, Sturgill Simpson, Steven Stills and Taj Mahal
roots ‘n’ blues ‘n’ bbq 2014:
Los Lobos, The Avett Brothers, John Prine, Rosanne Cash, Preservation Jazz Hall Band, Amos Lee, Trampled by Turtles, JJ Grey & Mofro and Bettye Lavette
- Transportation and transfers between Nashville and St Louis (Core Tour), and all transportation and transfers on the Swing Across Texas extension
- Admission to Festival and appropriate tickets
- Sightseeing and Entry Fees to be announced
- Special Lunches and Dinners
- Twin share accommodation
If you’re salivating about the potential and the experiences to be had on this tour, I need to know that you’re interested.
I have a feeling this will sell out very quickly, so let me know you’re keen to go!
Provide a comment below or email email@example.com
Who Are We?
Both Greg and I have travelled to the USA many times over the past thirty years. We have designed and escorted music tours across America’s Musical Heartland and have the testimonials to prove it!
We both have a passion for music and collectively have had experience in travel agency marketing, radio announcing, freelance music writing, entertainment blogging BUT most of all we have taken 100’s of people on journeys of musical discovery from California to New York.
We know America’s Music Roads better than anybody so why not come for a ride with us?