Second Album Announced
Out May 5 2017
Another Release To Follow
Last week at a listening party for industry insiders in Nashville Tennessee, Kentucky singer songwriter Chris Stapleton marked the release of a new collection From A Room: Volume 1 (Mercury Records).
Like its multi-award winning predecessor (Traveler), the new tracks were recorded in Nashville’s historic RCA Studio A. It has also been announced that a sister album From A Room: Volume 2 will be out later this year.
The album title refers to RCA Studio A which was recently saved from development in the Music Row area of Nashville. Dave Cobb once again is at the production desk for Volume 1, which features eight original songs as well as a cover of ‘Last Thing I Needed, First Thing This Morning’ which was made famous by Willie Nelson.
Stapleton is on vocals and guitar, with Cobb on acoustic guitar and Morgane Stapleton on harmony vocals. Long-time band members J.T. Cure (bass) and Derek Mixon (drums) are featured, along with Mike Webb (keys), Mickey Raphael (harmonica) and Robby Turner (pedal steel).
You can read our review of his show last September in Louisville Kentucky.
From A Room: Volume 1 Track List
- “Broken Halos” (Chris Stapleton and Mike Henderson)
- “Last Thing I Needed, First Thing This Morning” (Gary P. Nunn and Donna Sioux Farar)
- “Second One to Know” (Chris Stapleton and Mike Henderson)
- “Up to No Good Livin’” (Chris Stapleton and Casey Beathard)
- “Either Way” (Chris Stapleton, Tim James and Kendall Marvel)
- “I Was Wrong” (Chris Stapleton and Craig Wiseman)
- “Without Your Love” (Chris Stapleton and Mike Henderson)
- “Them Stems” (Chris Stapleton, Jimmy Stewart and Shawn Camp)
- “Death Row” (Chris Stapleton and Mike Henderson)