Rodrigo Y Gabriela
New Album – 9 Dead Alive
Released 25 April 2014
Acoustic rock maestros Rodrigo y Gabriela will soon be back with their new album 9 Dead Alive which will be released by Warner Music Australia.
The album was recorded and produced by the duo at their studio in Ixtapa, Mexico. Each of the songs on is a personal celebration of individuals who have passed on but, through their deeds and words, still resonate in the 21st century. Going as far back as Eleanor of Acquitaine (1122 – 1204) to Viktor Frankl (1905 – 1997) and including a tribute to one of their enduring touchstones – animals and nature. This diverse and fascinating list should strike a chord with anyone familiar with the duo’s passion for human rights, literature, history and philosophy. “The Soundmaker” (see below) celebrates Antonio de Torres Jurado (1817 – 1892) who revolutionised guitar production and helped to transfer the instrument into the one we recognise today.
Rodrigo y Gabriela’s last album of all new music was 2009’s breath-taking and innovative 11:11. Since then they have collaborated on the soundtracks to both Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Shores and Puss N’ Boots and visited Havana to record the Area 52 album with a Cuban orchestra. They have continued to tour the world, playing sell-out shows last year at the Hollywood Bowl, Red Rocks (Colorado) and the Sydney Opera House.
Tracklisting of 9 Dead Alive
1. The Soundmaker (Antonio de Torres Jurado: 1817 – 1892)
2. Torito (animals and nature)
3. Sunday Neurosis (Viktor Frankl: 1905 – 1997)
4. Misty Moses (Harriet Tubman: 1820 – 1913)
5. Somnium (Sor Juana Ines de la Cruz: 1651 – 1695)
6. Fram (Fridtjof Nansen: 1861 – 1930)
7. Megalopolis (Gabriela Mistral: 1889 – 1957)
8. The Russian Messenger (Fyodor Dostoyevsky: 1821 – 1881)
9. La Salle Des Pas Perdus (Eleanor of Acquitane: 11-22 – 1204)
“9 Dead Alive” will be released through Warner Music Australia on April 25 2014