Top 10 Albums of 2012 – Americana Music Association
The Americana Music Association has announced its year-end Top Albums of the Year. The lists are based on those records reported to the Americana Airplay Chart between mid-November 2011 and mid-November 2012.
This year’s Top Ten most played albums are:
1) JD McPherson, Signs And Signifiers / Rounder
2) Darrell Scott, Long Ride Home / Full Light
3) Rodney Crowell, KIN: Songs By Mary Karr & Rodney Crowell /Vanguard
4) Justin Townes Earle, Nothing’s Gonna Change The Way You Feel About Me Now /Bloodshot
5) Little Willies, For The Good Times / Milking Bull/EMI
6) Willie Nelson, Heroes / Legacy
7) Lyle Lovett, Release Me / Lost Highway
8) Ray Wylie Hubbard, The Grifter’s Hymnal /Bordello Records
9) Old Crow Medicine Show, Carry Me Back /ATO
10) Ryan Adams, Ashes & Fire / PAX-AM/Capitol
I am hoping that most of these releases will feature heavily in the Americana Music Awards and hence the listed artists will be appearing in Nashville in September next when I am there. The lists are a great guide to quality new releases. There’s a few I haven’t heard yet (just in the Top Ten) so I look forward to catching up with them.
The Americana Airplay Chart is managed by the Americana Music Association and represents the reported play of terrestrial radio stations, nationally syndicated shows, satellite radio and internet stations, which have agreed to submit weekly spin counts on Americana albums they’ve played during the previous week.
The chart is an album-based one for new releases and doesn’t reflect individual song counts.
To view the full 2011-2012 Top 100 Albums, visit americanamusic.org and click the Top 100 Albums link in the right hand column on the home page.